Paph. concolor

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
interesting question, to have to decide between to great photos!!!! ? !
IMO, nr.1 gives a great portrait of a magnificient bloom, but what is (just a bit) disturbing for my eye is the bud!! Therefore I am with nr.2, in which the overall composition is perfect, the leaf view gives an excellent idea of what the plant looks like (and the bud is only a detail here :))! IMO!
Jean

Personally, I prefer shot #1 over 2 because I can see the the whole picture on 1 where as, I have to pan up and down to see all of #2. It's probably just my moniter is too small. BTW, Damn nice concolor. Is it an out cross with listed parents?

Awesome photos and plant. They are hard to split. I'll go with the 2nd one as it is a bit more unique and I do like to see the leaves in a photo. The first one is more your standard clichéd shot.

One of these days I will get myself a concolor.

David

It's very interesting to see peoples' decisions and thoughts regarding their preferences. Of course I prefer the shot that includes the interesting and beautiful leaf, so #2!
I need one too, maybe this weekend...:D

I like both of them but favour a bit more #2. It's more verve in it's composition than in #1.
Best regards from Germany, rudolf

Rick, it's an Orchid Inn cross: 'Spotty' x 'Dudley Ott' AM/AOS.

Eric, I agree -- it is interesting to read what people's preferences are and why.

Thanks, everyone.

Dote is the color on the underside of the leaves solid(or mostly solid) or broken up and far less?
I'll try to remember to check this out when I get the plant back from a show. Hopefully tomorrow night -- if I can get out to pick them up: we might be snowed in tomorrow.

Very beautiful!!! I prefer the pic #2!!! More detailed for what the plant is and looks like ...:D

On pic preferrence I like both. #1 is the classic flower portrate pic.
#2 is what I class as a botanical pic where the plant or part thereof can be seen as a combination showing the beauty of both in this circumstance.

Latest posts

Back