Paph. charlesworthii 'Super Dark'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Drorchid

It looks like it is charlesworthii season! This is one from the 'Oz' (Terry Root) breeding, and was bred for it's dark colors. Besides it being very dark in color (I think it is the darkest one I have seen), it has perfect shape. The only draw back is it's size. I took a picture of it next to our 'Purple Halo' clone for comparison. I decided to self it, and to sib it with the 'Purple Halo' clone. Hopefully the offspring of that cross will have inherited some of the dark colors from the 'Super Dark' clone, while increasing in size from the the 'Purple Halo' clone.

PaphcharlesworthiiSuperDark1092008.jpg

whole plant:
PaphcharlesworthiiSuperDark-plant-1.jpg

comparison shot ('Super Dark' on the left and 'Purple Halo' on the right)
PaphcharlesworthiiSuperDarkandPurpl.jpg

Robert

Wow that is dark. I have a clone almost as dark from Antec breeding, but it too has a smallish flower, and a somewhat narrow dorsal. I post a pic when it blooms in a few weeks.

This one has a real intense dark colouration - really impressive. I've never seen such dark colouration with P. charlesworthii ever before. With the size of your P. charlsworthii 'Halo' it will be the perfect P. charlesworthii. Good luck for your breeding!

Best regards from Germany, rudolf

:drool: Enough said. Color is worth four times more than size. Love the petal width too. Is it open all the way or do you expect it to keep going a little more?

-Ernie

:drool: Enough said. Color is worth four times more than size. Love the petal width too. Is it open all the way or do you expect it to keep going a little more?

-Ernie

I agree, regarding the color, and I like the petal width as well on this one. It just opened yesterday, so yes I expect it to open up a little more.

Robert

Size isn't everything! I love to hear some judge's perspectives on this one!

Maybe this one and its floriferous friend will be making a trip to Chicago this weekend?

-Ernie

I like the comparative pict. of the dark beauty and the larger 'Purple Halo' a lot!!! Which one has the more tipical charlesworthii shape??? Jean

Latest posts

Back