Paph. Cascade Creek x gardineri

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The gardneri really narrowed the flower even more. Looks really ‘tall’ now.

Seems the dark dorsal is also gone from the anitum.
I have always appreciated your input and comments. Do you like the shape and color? My favorites are still the original sanderanium hybrids - PEOY, Angel Hair, Michael Koopowitz and Screaming Eagle but this cross has a very compact plant size. I can hide it amongst my larger strapleaf multiflorals so it take up less room!

I agree with you that the primary sandie hybrids were more balanced with spectacular presentation. In this hybrid, the flower balance isn’t there (too long and narrow) but the compactness of the plant is very appealing. It also doesn’t have the deep or contrasting colors of the primaries we are referring to.

Wow~ four flowers!
How big is the plant? Leaf length that is...
Mine is compact like gardineri. It is getting ready to bloom soon again for the fourth time. Always two flowers just like typical gardineri, though.

Wow~ four flowers!
How big is the plant? Leaf length that is...
Mine is compact like gardineri. It is getting ready to bloom soon again for the fourth time. Always two flowers just like typical gardineri, though.
The largest leaf is 20cm. There are 4 growths. 1st time in bloom. 4 flowers. The inflorescence is 30cm. The flower-petal length is 24cm. My gardineri species plant is smaller leaf length (16cm).

The largest leaf is 20cm. There are 4 growths. 1st time in bloom. 4 flowers. The inflorescence is 30cm. The flower-petal length is 24cm. My gardineri species plant is smaller leaf length (16cm).

Wow, first time blooming but with four growths! must be a super grower soon! :)
Mine was a single growth plant at the time of first flowering a few years ago. It took almost two years to bloom again.
Then, it took only one year to bloom again. Last year, it finally started four new growths.
20cm leaf length is about the longest leaf on my plant. I like how compact it is.
I wish mine had higher flower count like yours.

Latest posts

Back