Paph. boutonniere/Dend. cake

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sue

evil genius
Reaction score
I got married a bit over a month ago. I wanted to share a couple of orchid-related aspects of the wedding!

I made my boutonniere using a Paph I happened to have in bloom: Orchilla 'Chilton' FCC/AOS. This means that, while I got the plant at auction for about $10 a couple years ago, in terms of retail price, my boutonniere was the most expensive item in the whole wedding. I don't have a dedicated picture of it, but you can see it a bit in this one:

3123052655_e8645a7495.jpg

I also ordered a bunch of cut Dendrobium to use in vases and as cake garnish. I made the cake myself; it was an orange-flower flavored cake with lavender flavored frosting and a rose-water flavored fondant. Turned out a bit lumpy, but still fairly pretty. And tasty.

Attachments

• n697712232_1660673_5618.jpg
    n697712232_1660673_5618.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 41
Congratulations Sue:clap::clap:

The success of the wedding comes from the heart and not the $.

But it's also cool that you incorporated the chids into the ceremony.:clap:

Congratulations on a beautiful wedding! I wish you many years together filled with lots of orchids!

Congrats, Sue. I made my wedding dress, going away dress and we also did our wedding on the inexpensive side. We planned ahead to spend the real $$ on the honeymoon. And it was money well spent. So, good for you and wish I had been into orchids 20 years ago or I probably would have done something similar to what you did!

Thanks all! We did some amount of DIY, and we weren't too extravagant about anything except dinner -- but I should have said more clearly that when I said "in terms of retail price" I was thinking about how I've seen Paph. Orchilla 'Chilton' for between $250 and $1000 per division.

The main key, for us, in keeping things from getting out of control was only giving ourselves two weeks to plan. (We suddenly decided to move up the date from next Summer.) If we had given ourselves any more time it wouldn't have been as perfect.

Congratulations, hope you have a long and happy life together. You choice of wedding flowers was impeccable :D

Sue, AWESOME! I hope to be able to do paph boutenierres (sp) if I ever get the good fortune of finding my special someone. Congrats!:clap:

Latest posts

Back