Paph bellatulum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very beautyful!
My bella is growing well but it won't flower for years...

Hi Werner,
no, temps in winter drop from 25°C daytime to 20°C at night. For two weeks at most it is lower, about 17°C, when I'm on winter hollidays. Unfortunately I can't do better, my flat ist too small for different climata. Is there any chance getting it blooming in these conditions?

hi Michael,
undstood, I just mentioned their conditions in nature . I can see one habitat from my house.
But I think its the plant you got or your set of growing conditions.
Thai growers from the Central Region dont get our low temperatures in winter and they just started selling bellatulum in bloom.
They are about one month ahead of me because of higher average temperatures.

"About the only brachy i can keep alive"
The only of my brachy that has failed to flower for me when in bud. Two times blasted before the plant died. Was a really nice one of course.

I think I’m guilty of brachicides too... until I cooled them to 15C winter nights. Almost 90% survival after that.

And of course there are those who don’t lower temperatures and still bloom them lol.

I have grown and bloomed brachies well for years now. My grow rooms are warm 18-30c. Never ever below 18c.. They like high light. Grown with catts under lights. They also like to be pot bound. Hates repotting and being divided. Again this is what works for me. May or may not work for others...

Here’s a photo of my best Bella

4B555A5C-C49C-4A82-BA94-276D041359D7.jpeg

I grow in orchiata, pumice, charcoal
Thai growers use more and more pure inorganics
up to now in clay pots, starting with plastic
let them grow for at least 3 years in same pot

agree with papheteer about the light

Always a feast for the eyes to see such a beautiful Paph. bellatulum.

........They like high light. Grown with catts under lights. They also like to be pot bound. Hates repotting and being divided. Again this is what works for me. May or may not work for others...

These are my experiences too. Plenty of light during summer time, sometimes a bit drier but never really dried out and I've been growing some of mine due to an inorganic potting medium for more than 10 years in the same pot.

......Tai growers use more and more pure inorganics up to now in clay pots, starting with plastic........
So I'm one step in front of these Tai growers. Lol

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back