Paph. anitum x philippinense

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is wonderful. This is a great hybrid. One of the many great traits of anitum is that it seems to allow the other parent to almost completely dominate for petal length. You seem to get much longer petals in anitum hybrids than in other equivalents.

Great plant eggshells, I have some of this hybrid too. I love all anitum hybrids. I like the yellow of the phillipinense that comes through.

Thanks guys.

That is wonderful. This is a great hybrid. One of the many great traits of anitum is that it seems to allow the other parent to almost completely dominate for petal length. You seem to get much longer petals in anitum hybrids than in other equivalents.

I noticed that too. Paph anitum as a parent seems to help intensify the colour of its hybrids. It also retains that signature dorsal which is always great. The hybrid anitum x sanderianum is very nice in this regard since it still looks like an almost sanderianum but darker flowers.

Great plant eggshells, I have some of this hybrid too. I love all anitum hybrids. I like the yellow of the phillipinense that comes through.

Thanks Cheyenne, I saw some higher flower count on this hybrid. Hopefully it will increase in time. It's a big flower though.

Back