Paph. Angelus

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The spot size probably has nothing to do with using albino vs normally colored versions. Use regualr del and regular bel for VMP and you get thr same deal. In this case, the color comes through due to multiple loci for color/albinism.

-Ernie

Thanks for the correction Ernie. Now that I think of it all the Vanda M Pearman I have seen online are specked rather than boldly spotted. I remember seeing one with a shape more like delenatii, where the bellatulum shape is not apparant, just like this Paph Angelus

I probably got mine from Blake also! :(
Anyway, if I had to guess I would have said those blooms had some emersonii in them, due to the shape and color of the pouch!

I probably got mine from Blake also! :(
Anyway, if I had to guess I would have said those blooms had some emersonii in them, due to the shape and color of the pouch!

Yes, when the flowers just open, the pouches have a hint of yellow in them, but when they mature they fade to white. I think the yellow comes from the armeniacum grandparent.

Robert

After looking at a picture of my Armeni-White, there deffinitley is a difference - more spots, larger petals and different shaped pouch on the Angelus. Also the leaves are more Brachy-looking. Any one else see this? I really like it!

Latest posts

Back