Paph. Angelus

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Drorchid

This hybrid is in bloom at the moment. This cross is Armeni White x bellatulum. I remade it using the album form of bellatulum. What is interesting is that the flowers are much larger than either parent.

PaphAngelus-plant-10142008.jpg

PaphAngelus10142008.jpg

PaphAngelus-close-10142008.jpg

Robert

pretty nice and large white flowers on this plant; wondering that they stand upright without help :) !!!! Jean

Yes, they inherited the nice straight upright stems from Armeni White, so no staking needed!

Robert

:clap:I've got a couple of these, nice to know what they could be looking like! Armeni White is at the top of my list due to how long the blooms last. That would be a nice trait pass on!

The foliage is just beautiful and the flowers are pristine. Really beautiful plant.

I bought one of these from Blake. Maybe that's where you got yours Eric? I let mine get too dry and it died. Boohoo, now that I see how nice the cross is...

Very nice!

Interesting that the shape of Armeni White is so dominant.. I don't see any hint of bellatulum at all... Nice parvi..! :D

I'm glad someone else said that - I don't see any bellatulum either. Perhaps more spots than on a straight Armeni-White?

Very lovely.

Ernie, in his talk, said that bellatulum, as a parent, begets flowers with small spotting -- the large spots aren't inherited.

Wow the blooms are so large compared to the plant!

I see the bellatulum in the spotting. I think the spots are small because the albino form of bellatulum was used. For example all the Vanda M. Pearman with bellatulum alba are small spotted, like candace's and mine posted somewhere.

Very lovely.

Ernie, in his talk, said that bellatulum, as a parent, begets flowers with small spotting -- the large spots aren't inherited.

Someone was listening. :) Case in point. Consider Vanda M Pearman as well, a similar hybrid (delenatii X bellatulum). Of course there are always exceptions, so now people can chime in with those. :) Big marks from Brachys are usually from godefroyae/leucochilum in my observation.

-Ernie

Wow the blooms are so large compared to the plant!

I see the bellatulum in the spotting. I think the spots are small because the albino form of bellatulum was used. For example all the Vanda M. Pearman with bellatulum alba are small spotted, like candace's and mine posted somewhere.

The spot size probably has nothing to do with using albino vs normally colored versions. Use regualr del and regular bel for VMP and you get thr same deal. In this case, the color comes through due to multiple loci for color/albinism.

-Ernie

What I meant was actually not about the spotting (I know the album form of bellatulum was used).. I meant the shape, actually... From what I observe, usually Vanda M. Pearman, Ma Belle tend to inherit a bit of bellatulum's classic shape.. :)

Latest posts

Back