P. tranlienianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

murcielago

Reaction score
No credit for this bloom; got it in bud from WOC. This clone is pleasantly scented, somewhat like roses.

P1080928.jpg

Gorgeous!!! I love this species!!

What are you growing it in and what mix do you use?

Wonderful! This is a very nice one! This flower looks like there's some purple/blue on the back of the petals. If that colour is true, wouldn't it be neat to use it in line breeding to intensify the blue?

@likespaphs: I'm not sure if "most" tranlienianum is fragrant. I've also never heard of anyone mentioning about tranlienianum's scent, so this is a first for me too.

@biothanasis: I'm using a purely inorganic mix with pumice, lava rock, charcoal chips and some limestone thrown in. It dries relatively quickly, so I have to water it every other day. :)

@John M: I was surprised at how intense the purple turned out to be too and this photograph is true to its colour. Initially the purple was not present when the bud just opened and it took about a week before the white petal edges darkened to this intense shade. Again, I've never seen tranlienianum with such hues and this clone is a first for me here too.

Latest posts

Back