P Susan Booth-Warning Copywrited John

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperKing

Madd Virologist
Reaction score
OK Photo Shop Pros lets see how well you do with my water mark!
(PS. sorry about the poor photos; not cleaned up or maybe out of focus a bit :D)
P1070818.jpg

And now an exquisite side view!
P1070819.jpg

That's a Very Good one Rick :D !!!! Jean

(sorry about puting my JeanLux in a corner place of my pics :); I try to keep it decent )

I wonder how many copyrighted photos are actually copyrighted. Copyrighting anything involves registration which cost money. Putting a watermark on a photo makes it useless to those who would want to use it but it's not copyright in itself.

Oh no he didn't!! :poke:
;) Don't worry, its in "the book", he can't help himself. :evil: Had to get a copy of the book for my significant to make getting along a bit easier.

(for those who haven't seen "the book")
Stuff White People Like: A Definitive Guide to the Unique Taste of Millions
by Christian Landers and Myles Valetin 2008.

Oh no he didn't!! :poke:
;) Don't worry, its in "the book", he can't help himself. :evil: Had to get a copy of the book for my significant to make getting along a bit easier.

(for those who haven't seen "the book")
Stuff White People Like: A Definitive Guide to the Unique Taste of Millions
by Christian Landers and Myles Valetin 2008.

Well, congratulations Rick! I think you've developed the one and only way to prevent anyone from being tempted to use your photos. Jaljala's worries are over! Now, the question is: As creator of this marvelous, highly technical branding method, will you allow Jaljala to employ your method for his own benefit; or, will you require him to pay you royalties?

I wonder how many copyrighted photos are actually copyrighted. Copyrighting anything involves registration which cost money. Putting a watermark on a photo makes it useless to those who would want to use it but it's not copyright in itself.

Actually, in Canada, a copyright is granted the moment a work is created. There is no need to register it. International copyright law may be different. If you google this stuff, there is a dizzying amount of information to read!

The CIPO (Canadian Intellectual Property Office) says this: "Copyright exists automatically when an original work is created; however, registration gives you a certificate that states that you are the owner, which can be used in court as evidence of ownership." Here's their web address: http://http://www.cipo.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/cipointernet-internetopic.nsf/eng/h_wr00003.html?OpenDocument But, like I said, International rules could be different. They are governed by International treaties to which each country who is a signatory nation, must abide.

John, as far as photographic work,
the way I understand the US version-
no matter what, owner has copyright, but if not registered, owner pays court cost(should that matter arise).

Online registration- it took the two of us the first time, even after reading the tutorial many times. :eek:
It is what it is.

John, as far as photographic work,
the way I understand the US version-
no matter what, owner has copyright, but if not registered, owner pays court cost(should that matter arise).
Each country has it's own copyright laws and they can vary widely from country to country. However, of course, compromises must be found and treaties signed for there to be laws governing international use of material that is eligible for copyright protection. It is a work in progress, just like CITES. It appears that the international copyright laws are constantly under review and being tweaked to find common ground that all signatory nations can agree on.

Latest posts

Back