P.laevigatum Aurea

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roy

Reaction score
Can anyone assist with info on this plant. Is it the same as philippinense alba?? The seller describes it as a 'Lutino form'.
I did get a catalog recently with laevigatum alba seedlings advertised but I bought the philippinense alba plants.
The plant in question has been offered to me as a division of a flowered plant.

Can anyone assist with info on this plant. Is it the same as philippinense alba?? The seller describes it as a 'Lutino form'.
I did get a catalog recently with laevigatum alba seedlings advertised but I bought the philippinense alba plants.
The plant in question has been offered to me as a division of a flowered plant.

Hello Roy,

http://paphs.net/media/Paphs/philippinense.htm

Hi Roy,

I would assume that an albinistic laevigatum should look pretty much like Hakones plant, with shorter petals and a nice green-white colouration. There's also that "semi-alba" type around, which is quite yellow with just a few darker dots on the petals and an overall more roebelinii-like appearance, that one should be closer to an "aurea" but not what I would call laevigatum for sure.
I saw a plant of that type in flower just yesterday; it had eight flowers originally (before the owner did some heavy duty crossing with it).
Someone else took a pic and posted it here (first pic of the second batch):
http://www.forum.orchideen-forum.de/showthread.php?t=34994

That kolo further down the thread was a division of "Riopelle" with ten flowers open. Quite impressive.

Best wishes, Carsten

WOW, I would like to think its like that Carsten or for that matter, as you say, like Hakones link, ( thanks Hakone )
I tend to think by the description I was given it may be more to yours Carsten with the 'Luteum' bit but if its a reasonable division it should flower quickly for me.
Does it need any different culture to the normal colored forms ???

Latest posts

Back