Orchid Window Finished

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's interesting, thanks for sharing... Are the lights bright enough though (especially if you want to bloom philippinense in that setup)..? It looks rather dark from the pictures, IMHO...

The red and blue LEDs give the plants the kind of light that they need. It looks rather dark to us because, to put it simply, we are not plants. Our eyes have evolved for different reasons to see white light, which is why I put two white bulbs to restore the colours that we're used to see. Then there is strong natural light coming from outside which tends to darken the picture. The window is facing south and the sun should shine straight in when it is low on the horizon in winter. The bottom line is time will tell which plants adapt well to the setup and which do not. :)

And now, the fog machine is on line giving a cloud forest effect to the scene. Humidity stands now at 70%. :D

003.jpg

001.jpg

Yes! There is a fan you can see in the first photos posted on this thread. There are air intakes at the bottom and exit holes on top. There is also half an inch space between the windows in front. I will let the ''cloud'' dissipate from time to time.

I'm going to try to imitate nature. Fog in the morning dissipating around 10-11 AM, unless the humidity is already high enough.

Back