Orchid Window Finished

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shiva

Reaction score
First a whole view of the work (very much underexposed)
001.jpg

Then close up with more light
004.jpg

You can see lots of paphs (four sanderianum) species phals (bellina, cornu-cervi, philippinensis among others) and a Paph philippinense var. roebelinii on the wall. There's even a Den. anosmum hanging.
003.jpg

Now with the doors open. Note the tower fan in the corner. Somebody smart designed this just for my window, it seems. I bought another one just as a future replacement in case the model is discontinued.
005.jpg

The last equipment is on order: a small ultrasonic humidifier the kind they use in ponds.

Very nice looking Shiva, I guess that when you take a look at it your proud of your acomplishment.

Can't wait to see your orchid window filled with blooms, esp the sanderianums! :clap:

No! No python for me, but I'd love to have a third cat, perhaps a Savannah, but they're way too expansive, not to say out of my league. :rolleyes:

The cheap humidistat says 65% and the wet bulb type 75%. So it must be somewhere in between.

It's a hybrid resulting from a house cat and a Cerval. It weighs about 40 pounds adult, has long legs and you can walk it like a dog. It looks a bit like a small cheetah. Cost of a first generation hybrid is around $20,000. (And I hope you liked the window) :poke:

:clap::clap: Excellent work- I love your window!! That is such a cool idea!

I couldn't help pack it full of plants but in time, I'll have to make a choice as the plants get bigger. Sometimes, it is often said, less is more! Thanks everyone for you comments and don't hesitate to provide ideas for improvement.

Moichel :D

It's a hybrid resulting from a house cat and a Cerval. It weighs about 40 pounds adult, has long legs and you can walk it like a dog. It looks a bit like a small cheetah. Cost of a first generation hybrid is around $20,000. (And I hope you liked the window) :poke:

I didn't know they cost that much! One huge kitty at 40 pounds!

Paphman910

I had no idea Savannah cats existed. Gorgeous kitties! Geez, our boxer is 2 yo and 40 lbs (she's undersized for the breed). Can't imaging a cat in the house the same size. But that is a cat breed I wouldn't mind having! Saw some "farther from jungle" (F2-F4) in the $1000-2000 range, but much better plpaces to put that money!

Nice Window!I really like the lED lights,really interested in see the results!

I had no idea Savannah cats existed. Gorgeous kitties! Geez, our boxer is 2 yo and 40 lbs (she's undersized for the breed). Can't imaging a cat in the house the same size. But that is a cat breed I wouldn't mind having! Saw some "farther from jungle" (F2-F4) in the $1000-2000 range, but much better plpaces to put that money!

Of course, as you back cross F1 to more housecats, the size of the cat goes down as well as the price. I've also heard that they can be illegal in certain states. It probably applies to the F1 because of their more predatory or wild looking nature. Also, just as for orchids, the look of the cat influences the price. And I agree, the money is better placed elsewhere these days.

Back