Old & interesting

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roy

Reaction score
Been around for many a decade but nice. Paph Crossianum alba.

DSCN1355.jpg

Thanks Rick, for whats its worth its the best I have flowered of the cross. I bought a persons collection a while ago and they liked Vintage Paphs. It should go golden yellow as it matures. The colored forms of this cross are rubbish.

Old & interesting!!! I thought I would see a picture of myself. But that is a really good looking flower, thanks Roy......... Jim.

Nicely bloomed, Roy.

Do you think that this is from the original cross? The cross was registered in 1873 by Ashburton, and venustum fma. measuresianum and insigne fma. sanderianum were first described in 1893, so it is possible that the albino forms were in collections already.

Nicely bloomed, Roy.

Do you think that this is from the original cross? The cross was registered in 1873 by Ashburton, and venustum fma. measuresianum and insigne fma. sanderianum were first described in 1893, so it is possible that the albino forms were in collections already.

Ross, this plant is from a remake done by a nursery wanting to produce cool / cold growing Paphs for those growers with little in the way of a warm growing area. I did find in a book / catalog from the 1920's this very cross listed for sale. What happened to those plants I don't know.
Interesting your picking up on the parents, I notice in my research over time, some of the Maudiae and Maudiae x Brachy crosses done back in the late 1800's - early 1900's were done with the alba versions yet recent remakes use the colored forms stating they are original remake crosses with better parents, which is wrong. Would be nice to see what the actual crosses where like.

Latest posts

Back