Oeceoclades maculata

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
;)

The dry season in Peru starts about May or June and lasts until about mid September. Temps drop sometimes into the low 50s for a week at a time. It does rain but not much, but enough to moisten the soil at times. There is a lot of condensation dripping from the canopy at night.

Some plants I saw did have very tiny bulbs smaller than in the picture.

I would speculate that this species grows in "soils" that are on the fertile side so maybe more fertilizer for your plant.

Thanks. Mine have fat round bulbs so I wouldn't think they're lacking of nutrition but I'll try that. One thing I dont do is lessen water in the winter because the apartment is so DRY!!! I will have to try that too. :eek:

One thing I dont do is lessen water in the winter because the apartment is so DRY!!! I will have to try that too. :eek:

Thinking.....
In the rainforest,during the dry season it does not rain much, so the soil is dry.
But during the nights the canopy condenses water and moisture drips onto all foliage below.
Thinking.... Dry season means dry roots most of the time but with humid air around foliage, especially at night.
Think.... how to replicate this in your apartment.

Back