now blooming

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jewel

Reaction score
here are some pics of things currently in bloom, enjoy:D
flowers004-3.jpg
flowers010-2.jpg
Hippeastrum 'Neon' a dutch hybrid.
flowers006-5.jpg
Rebutia still blooming its head off:D
flowers001-4.jpg
a noid glad bought as 'My Love'
flowers002-2.jpg
a rescue av bought for a buck because it was out of bloom a few years back, notice the darker cross stitching along the petal edges.
flowers003-4.jpg
a noid green dendrobium from HD, second time blooming this year:D
flowers012-2.jpg
and some Grapeleaf Skeletonizer caterpillars, very pretty but covered with hard to see stinging hairs. we have both Harrisina americana and Harrisina metallica here and they are major grape pests!

tiny midnight blue moths with a metallic sheen. in the early mornings when the sun is just coming up they drift slowly around the garden like tiny fairy's. so they are very pretty and delicate but completely evil if one is hoping to grow table grapes.:D

It's always amazing to me how totally different caterpillars are from moths and butterflies, yet they are the same thing!

Thanks! i love hippeastrum and come spring will have many more pics, as that is their normal blooming period, neon's just being a rebel!

before you start mincing on grape flavored caterpillars i should warn you that their poisons is strong enough to kill a toad and the caterpillars aren't even an inch long, but if you insist...:evil:;)

more pretty pics!
flowers004-4.jpg
an agave
flowers002-3.jpg
a giant sun flower grown from seeds i got from my grandma that she bought in 1992!
flowers001-5.jpg
dollar store glad.
flowers005-3.jpg
my sweet scented hippeastrum

Latest posts

Back