Not just any greenhouse!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How long I sit depends on what needs done and the music I'm listening to. I like Bach in the greenhouse.

Actually, I don't need more plants, but of course, I'll get more anyway. I
have lots of smallish plants that will need room to grow and I can add
another bench when necessary. Over-crowded conditions tend to lead to
problems I don't want.

Thank you, Ruth. There's room for that lovely pink Paph. you posted...hint hint. The gh doesn't look so neat and organized in the front to back shot!

Justin, I love seeing where other people grow too. It's fun and it gives me
ideas about how to rearrange when my plants grow larger.

Many thanks to Trithor for being a really good man.

About the nearest will be the local KFC. Not a bad idea though, what's to do in Kentucky?

It's a couple of hours north of me. Plenty of friends/orchid growers. I don't know any of the good hiking areas though.

I know lots of good things to do in TN in comparison.

I would suspect a lot more water than what you are used to in Africa.

Very good hiking areas in and around Corbin...various trails connecting to
Cumberland Falls and lots of wild flowers and smaller waterfalls. Laurel
Lake is down from our house. Daniel Boone State Park. Two hours from
Rick's greenhouse. We have an apartment we call the Barndominium that
is for guests as long as they choose to stay...quite comfortable and private. Our city friends often come to stay at the "Barndo" to decompress. We provide rocking chairs on the porch.

Oh, I forgot horse country stuff about an hour from us in Lexington...tracks, yearling
sales. The yearling sales are WOW...gorgeous horses, unbelievable prices paid for
top yearlings and interesting to watch if you can sit on your hands and manage not
to bid on million dollar horses! Harder to do than you might think.

KY is known for bourbon. I don't know the difference between bourbon and
whiskey.

Dot, any and every orchid grower is welcome at our house and the "Barndo"
is a very peaceful place...no phone, no tv, no visitors unless you want 'em.
The Barndo has a complete kitchen w/fridge and ICE...also A/C.

I used to pass you all the time driving to and from Knoxville. I miss that pat of the country
..so much beauty!

Angela, I have realised that I am so busy posting , that I have neglected to actually comment on your pictures. Almost as if I am treating your posts and pictures as my own:p
Simple reality, .... I love your growing area! Let me in, I will fill it with paphs, wine and song! (Led Zep and Stairway to Heaven, of course!)
Wow, one day, given the opportunity, I would love to see all in person! Thank you for the opportunity to both post and enjoy your pictures!:)

My house is your house, Gary. Goodness gracious, I haven't heard Led Zep
in years. In fact, I don't think I've heard any hard rock in years! We Baby
Boomers are gettin' old...oh woe. Seems like I remember Black Dog being
my favorite Zep tune. Oh well, maybe that was another group. I do remember tokin' and trippin' which is why I probably don't remember the
rest! ;>)

for in TN whiskey? Do you have ice as well?:)

Maker's Mark is in KY, but the good stuff, Jack Daniels is in Lynchburg TN (about 1.5 hours south of my place).

They still do tours of the distillery too!

If you want to go "exploring" it's not to hard to come across some active moonshine stills around where I live.

Angela didn't mention, but crossing back and forth over the KY/TN border is the Mammoth Caves area, which has some of the most extensive cave systems in the world. Start at Bowling Green KY which is also where the Corvette museum is.

Definitely worth planning a trip by the sounds of it. Seen a lot of the big cities, nut never ventured beyond those, always wondered what it is like.

Big cities are big cities everywhere, but country is always different and
always beautiful. KY and TN are big rivals in sports and just about everything else, Gary. You'd have to wear a blue shirt in KY and an orange
shirt in TN...lol...basketball, ya know.

Latest posts

Back