Not happy

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stone

Reaction score
:sob:
$200 for the kovachii seedling (ebay) and 5 years of waiting and this...

P1100928.jpg

Now I'm selling it for less than I paid and it's 20 times bigger.

P1100929.jpg

ouch! sorry to hear and watch this. Must be really frustrating knowing how expensive and hard to find are this plants outside of Peru.I realize that people dont recognize PK leaves so easy wich is a pretty unique feat in the plant...hybrids of PK , in my humble non expert opinion , have very different texture of leaves..i know as a seedling is very hard to find out but a soon a plant is 1 year should be easy. Still looks a very healthy beautiful well cultivated plant!

Peru, can you emphasise a bit further on that? Are they longer or? Guess the rather stiff texture is inheridet by many hybrids?
Mike, a tragedy!

Ugghhh, sorry.......
It is a nice FS though.

Peru, can you emphasise a bit further on that? Are they longer or? Guess the rather stiff texture is inheridet by many hybrids?
Mike, a tragedy!

PK is like leather . Literally leaves are like made out of leather. Hybrids have that kind of texture but in a lower thickness level and also are wider. At least most of the ones that look like thw original PK

Beautiful colour.
From whom????
I don't remember and don't have records but it was supposedly Ex Orchid Zone. I was kind of suspicious with the wide leaves.
It's a good quality plant for sure but not what I paid for! Oh well, I guess it happens.

Stone, please explain exactly what you find disappointing
about the flower. I'm here to learn as I'm not terribly
familiar with these plants. Well, aside from the fact that
it's not a kov, of course.

Orchid Zone? wouldn't surprise me....just like their huge debacle with thousands of sanderianums turning out to be PEOY's

Stone, please explain exactly what you find disappointing
about the flower. I'm here to learn as I'm not terribly
familiar with these plants. Well, aside from the fact that
it's not a kov, of course.

That's easy Angela. It's a man made hybrid. Something about which I could not be less interested.

Latest posts

Back