NOID besseae hybrid

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Marc

This is one of the four Phrags that I showed in my new additions topic a few weeks ago. I bought it allready with a well developed bud, but it took some time for it to fully open. I've done quite some searching on both the forum and the internet and I can't really find a plant that is a 100% match.

IMG_1412.jpg

I've compared it with the following hybrids:
- Rosalie Dixler
- Mem. Dick Clements
- Andean Fire
- Jason Fischer

And allthough some of them come quite close I'm still not 100%, maybe some of the Phrag. experts here can help me along?

And allthough I would't be very bothered with having a nice unnamed besseae hybrid in my collection a name would be even nicer.

To me, it looks a bit like Memoria Dick Clements or even Rosalie Dixler. But I doubt you could get a 100% certainty.
If it had been sargentianum with Phrag, dalessandroi, the name would be Grosnez (big nose). Now why did I think of that? :)

Last edited:
I don't think it MDC or RD at all. Is this a first time blooming for this plant? I'd be interested if the form stays the same on the next blooming.

If it had been sargentianum with Phrag, dalessandroi, the name would be Grosnez (big nose).

Anyone have a picture of the hybrid mentioned above. I did some googling but Google didn't find any pictures.

I don't think it MDC or RD at all. Is this a first time blooming for this plant? I'd be interested if the form stays the same on the next blooming.

This isn't the plants first blooming, it had two old growths allthough yesterday I removed the last few limp leaves of these growths that remained. On the current inflorescene it's the 2nd flower but it's the first one that I see. There are still new buds forming on the current inflorescene and there are two near blooming size growths and a few very small ones.

Since I didn't want to stress the plant to much I didn't repot it. But now that the first flower is open I think I'll report it this weekend.

Ask the Eric Young Orchid Foundation. They made the Grosnez hybrid. They should have some photos of the flower.

Ask the Eric Young Orchid Foundation. They made the Grosnez hybrid. They should have some photos of the flower.

Thanks for the idea Shiva, anyone actually have their E-mail adress, because I can't find it on their site.

If you get a response and an ID back from EYOF immediately go play the lottery; because you would be the luckiest person on the planet, ever.

I don't think so that it is a dalessandroi-cross. It has not enough flowers at the same time.
Perhaps you could show us the base of the plant. if the growths are near together oder in distance.

Best greetings

OLaf

Thanks for the input so far guys.

I don't think so that it is a dalessandroi-cross. It has not enough flowers at the same time.
Perhaps you could show us the base of the plant. if the growths are near together oder in distance.

Best greetings

OLaf

Olaf I received your mail and I'm going to write an E-mail later. Thanks a lot. :D

Here are the better pictures I promised.

IMG_3449.jpg

IMG_3450.jpg

IMG_3452.jpg

And here is a shot of the biggest part of the plant:

IMG_3454.jpg

It looks like min Mem dick Clements I baught at a nursery it came from NL as seedlings.
Will post it later

It looks like min Mem dick Clements I baught at a nursery it came from NL as seedlings.
Will post it later

Thanks a lot, when I saw Gina's photo's from Botmuc she posted yesterday this picture stood out as well. I hope she doesn't mind me using it.

botmuc65.jpg

Source: http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23567

It looks very similar, allthough the pouch of the picture above is a bit bulkier. However the pouch of mine actually has two dents on the sides and I think this might be due to central heating. Going to move this plant this week to another area of the house to see if the pouch get's a more rounder form on the next flower.

Back