Nice surprise

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rock Doctor

Reaction score
Just finished watering and misting and noticed my Venustrum has started a spike. I had previously thought that it was a new leaf until I can now make out the spike. :) Also Masdevallia Aquarious (2spikes) and Masdevallia Ignea x Pinchincha (1spike) so they must like the light and humidity in my propagater tent. Maybe the Akerns as recommended by Gary (Carper) is also playing its part.

You know, its the time for venustum buds now (at least on the northern hemisphere) Where are you located?

How exciting!
I tried to grow masdies but killed them all pretty fast. Looking forward to bloom pictures.

3 spikes now appeared on the Dracula Vampira. As for the Venustrum the spike is now clear of the leaves and a bud appears to be forming at the top, it also looks as though its fattening up. The flower on the ignea pinchincha has not quite opened yet but is just starting to show its striped colouring from within the protective outer sheath.

Just purchased a larger grow tent as the collection has now outgrown my smaller propagator tent and now need to make some space in the Garage. The problem with orchids is that once bitten, there is always one more to get for the collection.

...Just purchased a larger grow tent as the collection has now outgrown my smaller propagator tent and now need to make some space in the Garage. The problem with orchids is that once bitten, there is always one more to get for the collection.

:evil: Addicted!

Trithor, I hadn't appreciated that the indoor grow tents feature so heavily on the weed forums until I noticed in the advert that it will be sent in plain packaging. lol

NYEric, I'll try to stick with clear plastic pots with holes drilled in the sides or mesh pots. Need a bigger light though looking at a T5 4 ft 8 tube unit. It'll be like Close encounters of the orchid kind every time I open the zip.

Latest posts

Back