New trend in yellows

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ehanes7612

Reaction score
saw somewhere a new trend is to creat rounder waxy yellows using brachy's with armeniacum x multifloral hybrids (i.e. Dollgoldi)..so i placed some awarded Psyche pollen on my Wossner Kolarmi (armeniacum x kolopakingii)...crossing fingers.....:poke:

you can never try often enough !

hi Ehanes,

if you have chance , cross the pollen from
Wossner Kolarmi (armeniacum x kolopakingii) on your awarded Paph. psyche
it might help to reduce the plantsize.
good luck in breeding there's never enough of them
Happy orchid growing from Northern Thailand
cliokchi:poke:

hi Ehanes,

if you have chance , cross the pollen from
Wossner Kolarmi (armeniacum x kolopakingii) on your awarded Paph. psyche
it might help to reduce the plantsize.
good luck in breeding there's never enough of them
Happy orchid growing from Northern Thailand
cliokchi:poke:

i wish but Psyche belongs to fellow grower..and he doesnt want to put a pod on his plant

Could be interesting ..... not sure how a 'rounder form' would happen with kolo but long petaled yellows :drool::drool::drool:

Could be interesting ..... not sure how a 'rounder form' would happen with kolo but long petaled yellows :drool::drool::drool:

the armeniacum in WOssner Kolarmi seems to be very dominant and produces flowers like Dollgoldi (i have bloomed out three , all consistant form and coloring), kolopakingii is a small flower with petals much shorter than roth ...saw a pic of a Dollgoldi x weshanshee..fuller yellow

similar genetics, but in a different order is:

Paph. concoloco (concolor x kolopakingii) x armeniacum:

http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9785

At least it will kind of give you an idea of what your cross would look like (if it takes). In general I find pavi x multifloral crosses are reluctant breeders, so I wish you good luck!

Robert

Likely will not be yellow

I think that you will find that Psyche is going to supress the yellow color everywhere except the staminodal shield, giving you a cream background with red markings. Niveum and delenatii are not very useful close up in yellow breeding.

I think that you will find that Psyche is going to supress the yellow color everywhere except the staminodal shield, giving you a cream background with red markings. Niveum and delenatii are not very useful close up in yellow breeding.

ok...i did see a pic of a Yellow Butterfly (Psyche x armenacum ) with a yellowish pouch....either way i will be excited just to have some seeds germinate

similar genetics, but in a different order is:

Paph. concoloco (concolor x kolopakingii) x armeniacum:

http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9785

At least it will kind of give you an idea of what your cross would look like (if it takes). In general I find pavi x multifloral crosses are reluctant breeders, so I wish you good luck!

Robert
nice......i am thinking i have about a 2 percent chance of producing any seed

Back