new purchases

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

noel

hi there,meet my new babies...
phal hieroglyphica
hieroglyphica.JPG

it has five spike...
the first spike
hieroglyphica%20%281%29.JPG

second spike
hieroglyphica%20%282%29.JPG

third spike
hieroglyphica%20%283%29.JPG

fourth spike
hieroglyphica%20%284%29.JPG

fifth spike
hieroglyphica%20%285%29.JPG

what do you think?
actually,there is a story behind my purchase of this phal,that is......ahem lets begin:i bought it at monthly sales @ singapore botanical gardens,ad i came very early(8 am singapore time)to snatch the best 'chids,and i only bring s$ 50 to refrain me from wasting too much money....upon arriving,i saw this magnificent phal,and directly fell in love with it...and i asked the lady of the owner,and she asked s$ 45 for it,and i felt very uneasy,and and my thought is that i should wait for the owner,and when i asked the owner,which is a friend of mine,and he onl asked for s$ 25!!from that moment,i learned that the lady of a nursery owner usually sells plant at a higher price..and upon packaging,the plant was put on a grill,and because it is heavy,it fell on the grill,resulting in two nearly bloomed buds snapped,and that was not very pleasant for me......:mad:

encyclia cordigera var alba
purchased in buds
actually,there is a story behind the purchase of this plant too,but i'm tired of story-telling,and let's just see the picture...
cordigera%20var%20alba.JPG

feel free to give comments....whew...:D

I was going to give you a hard time .......
where's the slippers? Then when I read it was a hieroglyphica :drool: and all those spikes and for such little $$$, OMG !! I'd snatched that one up!

I'm with Bio. You can waste money on food and clothing. But orchids??? Never.

Nice haul.

Latest posts

Back