New member Brazil

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhc_green

Reaction score
Hello friends, I'm Renan, from Brazil and I cultivate orchids, the plants I love the most are the variegated ones and I would like to have more info about variegated orchids!
Thanks a lot!

São Paulo Ray.
Big city.
I used to travel to Brazil on business. SP was the primary destination, although on my first trip (February of 1982) I spent 3 weeks in Campinas, travelling daily to Cosmopolis, setting up a manufacturing plant.

In between the two was a cut flower nursery with a hectare or more of cattleyas growing on benches of moss. They grew all the same plants we had here from Jones & Scully, and they allowed me to buy some. A 3" seedling from J&S was typically in the $35-$45 range. A mature plant from them was $3 - and they'd knock $0.50 off if I let them keep the blossom! Of course it did cost me about $50 to ship 20 plants home to myself.

hi, welcome here from northern Germany , too
we went from Sao Paulo several times to Santa Catarina, visiting some friends and the annual purpurata shows at Joinville, Blumenau, Brusque, Garopaba and others
long ago 2008-2010

hi, welcome here from northern Germany , too
we went from Sao Paulo several times to Santa Catarina, visiting some friends and the annual purpurata shows at Joinville, Blumenau, Brusque, Garopaba and others
long ago 2008-2010
Very Nice my friend, that event is amazing

Welcome from NYC. Variegated leaves in slippers is an unusual sport. Luckily,lots of Paphs have interesting and beautiful leaf papatterns.
I haven't seen any variegated Paphs yet, the ones most commum in my nursery are the Cattleyas.

Welcome from VA, USA. To my knowledge there are not true variegated Paphs, however some species have a beautifully mottled leaf pattern that is lovely. This website has a couple of photos with descriptions on growing, these types.
https://www.orchid.or.jp/orchid/people/tanaka/perv/enpervcult.html
Also, here is a photo of one from the Orchids Ltd., website, Paph Ho Chi Minh which shows a beautiful leaf pattern:

Welcome! Variegated Paphs do exist but they are pretty uncommon and are not always stable. I have a variegated rothschildianum in sheath now, it hasn't started new growths yet so I don't know if the variegation will persist.

20240110_175319_copy_1500x2000.jpg

Latest posts

Back