New Camera

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ehanes7612

Reaction score
well, ten years after selling my canon eos 3 for some orchids (thinking i was going to buy a digital slr)..i have finally decided to get the canon 7d..with 100 mm macro Image stabilizer..anyone use this lens? curious to how it compares to the 100mm macro without IS

I take it that this is the same as Nikon's VR (Vibration Reduction). If that is the case, if you are shooting with a tripod, then IS is irrelevant.

i would imagine it's similar technology..some kind of gyrscopic sesnor maybe..i dont know..i like the freedom of not having to have a tripod...i will probably rent the lens first though

Well I have only used the VR and I would say that I it barely makes any difference for me.

I take it that this is the same as Nikon's VR (Vibration Reduction). If that is the case, if you are shooting with a tripod, then IS is irrelevant.

You also have to make sure you turn your VR/IS off when using a tripod otherwise the VR/IS will be counter productive.

Yes and the stabilization effect is the same in still images it is just more obvious in video.

Unless $300 extra is a burden get the stabilized lens. You won't regret having it and you might regret not getting it.

well, not really..at least the lens wont be susceptible to rot

Latest posts

Back