New Babies

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eggshells

Humongous Gnat
Reaction score
Thanks to my friend for coordinating the order.

Photo%20Mar%2031%2C%206%2006%2028%20PM.jpg

Photo%20Mar%2031%2C%206%2037%2004%20PM.jpg

Lovely new babies! They look happy in their new home. :D

Newbie question: I bought my first flask and will be deflasking tomorrow. They came in the same type of flask bottle. Did you have to break it or could the seedlings come out through the top of flask?

Thanks for your help!

Thanks everyone. Perhaps we will see the flowers 10 years from now.

Lovely new babies! They look happy in their new home. :D

Newbie question: I bought my first flask and will be deflasking tomorrow. They came in the same type of flask bottle. Did you have to break it or could the seedlings come out through the top of flask?

Thanks for your help!

Just break the glass at the bottom. Careful on the broken glasses. Submerged in water so the broken glass pieces sinks to avoid cutting your hand.

Take out the cork.
Gently place a large, long bolt through the opening, through the media, against the bottom of the flask.
wrap flask in newspaper.
strike the end of the bolt (the end out through the top of the flask) with a hammer
the bottom comes off the flask.
gently wash in water to remove any glass shards and dispose of the contaminated water carefully.

Eggshells, looks great:D a pity that we are so far apart;) if it is 'Formosa' growth should be fine, just look out for rot of various kinds.

Back