Nepenthes veitchii 'K'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eOrchids

Reaction score
Just though to share a pic of my ultimate favorite carnivorous plant; Nepenthes veitchii 'K'.

Nepenthes veitchii 'K' is a very rare Nepenthes variety. It is very well known for its striped permistone. When the pitchers first open, the striped permistone is revealed as shown below.

20140620_204343_zps17r5sv88.jpg

(One of the earlier pitchers)

But overtime, as the permistone ages it gets darker and darker as shown below.

20150517_202301_zpsm4paxoy7.jpg

Whole plant as of today.

What I find most interesting about this particular plant is that the permistone stays flared and not pulled back which is not seen often within Nepenthes veitchii...just a thought to share.

Nice N. veithchii !!! Yeay! another person who also like Nepenthes! Where can you get N. veithchii 'K'?

Ramon:)

Nice plant! I've been looking into getting a veitchii for a while but I want to make sure I've got the hand of other neps first before going for that one

Nice plant! I've been looking into getting a veitchii for a while but I want to make sure I've got the hand of other neps first before going for that one

It is actually one of the easiest Nepenthes I have grown. If you have grown ventricosa or sanguniea then you can definately grow a veitchii.

It's a beauty! There's a German nursery that sells all kinds of Nepenthes species. I don't remember the name but I know you can find it through Brad's Greenhouse videos on Youtube. He ordered a ton and makes regular video updates on them.

I re-looked at the second pic of your plant, Eric. Looks similar (to my non-CP trained eye) like robcantleyi (formerly truncata 'black'), although the leaves are not as deeply lobed like truncata. I have never seen a veitchii with such a dark peristome at maturity.. Hope you propagate it :D

Nice veitchii 'K'!

I can see how one can be confused between this veitchii 'K' to a robcantleyi (which I own as well btw). But there are differences like the leaves as you mentioned, hairs and pitcher shape.

Latest posts

Back