neo. fuji nishiki

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marco

Slipperless member
Reaction score
That little one on the front came out very golden!
Does it turn more green as they mature or is the color/pattern pretty much fixed?

And where did you find it?
Expensive? lf not, I'd love to have one. lol

Thanks all!

That little one on the front came out very golden!
Does it turn more green as they mature or is the color/pattern pretty much fixed?

And where did you find it?
Expensive? lf not, I'd love to have one. lol

From what I understand leaf color will turn green if it's not given good light for a prolonged period of time. Fortunately, this neo seems to be happy enough that it hasn't lost its variegation. The variegation for this variety seems to be fairly consistent on each growth. Post number 7 on the following thread has photos of the same growth last year.

http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39014&highlight=Fuji-nishiki

This particular Fuji-nishiki came from Seed Engei. I don't recall how much this plant was. I can say that I have seen neos with stunning variegation on extremely healthy plants (roughly a 4-5 growth plant) offered around $150-$300. These plants seem to be few and far between and fly off the shelf. However, there are nice multi growth variegated varieties that can be found within the $40-$80 price point.

There are neos that are supposed to loose variegation like Neo. Getsuden. The new leaves on my getsuden come out variegated then turn green as they mature. Additionally, this past winter portions of the leaves changed to a wonderful scarlet color. The scarlet color slowly disappeared as spring approached.

Latest posts

Back