neo. benihichou

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a nice big specimen Marco! How long have you grow it?

Tom - This neo just seems large because the three largest growths are positioned as a triangle. I acquired it last year from OL on 05.26.16. Below is a photo of when i first purchased it as a three growth plant. Three additional pups developed over the past year.

New Additions 05.26.16 by Marco, on Flickr

Updated photo with second spike fully developed. The sole bloom on the first spike did not develop any further.

benihichou (紅飛蝶) 03 - 03.28.17 by Marco, on Flickr

benihichou (紅飛蝶) 02 - 03.28.17 by Marco, on Flickr

Nice, documentation of the flower development, Marco! This is surely a weird one. So does the flower in the fourth photo of the first post further develops and becomes like the last photo of msg #6 eventually? If so, the development of petals seems to be delayed quite a bit. It could be a fun one to do time-lapse photos!

Nice, documentation of the flower development, Marco! This is surely a weird one. So does the flower in the fourth photo of the first post further develops and becomes like the last photo of msg #6 eventually? If so, the development of petals seems to be delayed quite a bit. It could be a fun one to do time-lapse photos!

Naoki - The flower did not develop past photo #3 in post #1. The other flowers that developed were very similar to last year's blooming (like those in the last photo of post #6). I think that lone flower on that spike was simply a one off?

I've always wanted to do a time l lapse photo/vid. I just wouldn't know where to start and I only have one camera battery.

Latest posts

Back