Need help with a some fischeri pictures.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eteson

Phragmad
Reaction score
Dear friends I do need your help.
I am prepairing some material about phrags that probably it will become an article in the near future...

I do have only a couple of plants of fischeri and they do not want to bloom again and i need a picture of the pouch dissected (similar to this one of schlimii)

schlimii_pouch.jpg

I would greatly appreciate if someone can sacrifice a fischerii flower for the "gods" of science. If it can be taken with both, white and black backgroung would be even better.

my mail is: [email protected]

Thanks a lot!

Eliseo

I wish I could help. But I'm having the same problem as you with fischeri ...
Do you grow them bright? I do and I'm starting to think that they flower under lower light level and/or shorter days. What do you think?

I grow fischeri a little bit dryer than schlimii but under the same light level... It has been a reliable bloomer last few years but this year for some reason it has not spiked (we had a very hot "summer"). I do not think that the lenght of the days is a key factor for phrags since here in the tropics the differences are very very small.

Hi Eliseo,

I would be happy to help you, I have a spiking plant and it seems to be a fischeri. But it still will need a few weeks.

Back