Need all your advice on changing my treehouse greenhouse

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe the shade cloth (inside) can be cut and sewen on the sides, and made sort of like a horizontal roman blind? And if outside, there are motors. It is very tricky to try to convey what I am thinking about.

Hmmm, i bought two of those replacement leds and a cheap shop light, haven't set up, hope nothing blows up :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry for a late reply. I have forgotten about this thread. Did it work?

I tried with two shop lights (both were about 10 years old). With the first one, the ballast died quietly. With the second one, explosion might be exaggeration, but it made "puff" noise and smoke came out. So when you put the LED bulbs and turn on the shop light, watch it carefully. If it is really dim, or no light comes on, don't keep trying. You should turn it off within 10 seconds or so. I kept turning on and off multiple times to see if it would get going, and that's how I broke the ballasts. I prefer ballast removal T8 LEDs, but they may not be easy to get them from Lowe's etc.

Sorry for a late reply. I have forgotten about this thread. Did it work?

I tried with two shop lights (both were about 10 years old). With the first one, the ballast died quietly. With the second one, explosion might be exaggeration, but it made "puff" noise and smoke came out. So when you put the LED bulbs and turn on the shop light, watch it carefully. If it is really dim, or no light comes on, don't keep trying. You should turn it off within 10 seconds or so. I kept turning on and off multiple times to see if it would get going, and that's how I broke the ballasts. I prefer ballast removal T8 LEDs, but they may not be easy to get them from Lowe's etc.

We haven't tried the lights yet, still hassling them. The shade cloth problem is solved ! Hubby fixed inside removable panels out of PVC ...They slide in between the wooden framing. Very lightweight to handle. I'll post pics when they are up !
Thanks again to all for your suggestions !!:)

Latest posts

Back