My vittatum update

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Tom's thread reminded me to have a look at my vittatum, I got it from Popow 3 years ago(I almost killed it in the first year)...I think it is BS ready plant today.( I mean I hope..)

Hi brasphrag,
by the way, what do you use as potting material for your vittatum?
I think I can remeber that you mention in one thread (I think about hirtzii) hat you have them in succsessful culivation.

Thanks,
Trimorph

mc39.jpg

Maybe this work.

Sorry but I think it is not a vittatum one, leaves are too large for them and they for sure die when you use bark as potting material.

Thanks for info. Any idea??? Otherwise I use not clear bark for phrags, but akadama / bark mix, 2/1 ratio.

This plant was bought from Popow, he got it from his brasilian friend, who said that it is a selfing from a wild plant....don't know, your plant is not the same as mine, really. But if I have a look at this original picture, my plant is very similar.

Attachments

• vittatum6.jpg
    vittatum6.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 40
IMHO - brasphrag has the genuine species; the yellow leaf edge is diagnostic. Here's a somewhat over-exposed photo of one of our vittatum compots taken in 2010 for comparison.

Last edited:
IMHO - brasphrag has the genuine species; the yellow leaf edge is diagnostic. Here's a somewhat over-exposed photo of one of our vittatum compots taken in 2010 for comparison.

Thanks for info, now I can't wait to see the flower of mine to know what on Earth it is.....Honestly tell, Popow rarely sells fake plants. This one could be the first on me.

May I give a tip?
As you tell Popow have this one from a brazilian friend of him, and as true vittatum is a very rare plant even here in Brazil, the one who get this cheated Popow: This seams to be a Phragmipedium lindleyanum from Bahia state. I try attach a photo from anflowered one. So sorry dodidoki http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/images/smilies/frown.gif
The photo is a little dark as I just takes it at evening.

http://imageshack.com/a/img853/42/jgmf.jpg

Many thanks, I think it is not lindenianum, but sargentianum, but really not vittatum. I will send you PM.

give it a chance to bloom, you really can't tell until it is in bloom. Though the foliage can lead to guesses, until it flowers, who knows?

Latest posts

Back