My Phrag Waunakee Sunset

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smartie2000

Reaction score
Finally clear skies! So nice that I can take photos. I only have my old camera this week, but the photo is still good. I've been on house arrest for the last few days because of snow storm, and fear of being stuck in traffic.

I know we've seen lots of different clones of Waunakee Sunset already. Nothing spectacular, but this is my only red/pink phrag that doesn't want to let go of its blooms, so I have three blooms :) The oldest one is drying out now, but it will remain attached and brown on the peduncle unlike other Phrags.

DSCN2995.jpg

It's beautiful!!! It looks like it is upside down. Is this how this phrag grows, or did you train it this way?

Thanks guys :) I did think of giving this plant away because its shape not the best after the first blooming, but maybe I changed my mind (I need to erase round + flat from my thinking). This is its second blooming for me. But it is stolonous, so I likely will have spare bits. Its sibbling I saw at a show was also stolonous (and had bicoloured petals). This cross comes in so many different colours and shapes!

It's beautiful!!! It looks like it is upside down. Is this how this phrag grows, or did you train it this way?

It has a 1.5-2 ft tall spike, and it arches downwards now because of the wieght of the blooms. So I guess it is natural for this plant to arch, I think it did that last time too.

Latest posts

Back