my old friend......

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

goldenrose

yep it's been hangin' around that long, it's feeling like an old friend!
This picture was taken 4-30-08, the bloom had to be a week old, it did start out yellow & in 4-5 days was white.

This is how it looks today & has been through 3 bouts of air conditioning & probably should need dusting by now!

My 'friend is 'Armeni White', first time bloom. I purchased 11/07 from Piping Rock when Glen was in town.

Thanks guys!
WOW...!!! The same flower lasted that long...?? :)
Yes! I don't think I've ever had a single bloom last so long. It acquired an old age spot (that black dot):p . I can see were the lower temps with the A/C can prolong a bloom but the lower humidity usually does them in. This is now one of my favorites of this group.

Real nice form! thanks :drool:

:confused:I didn't think the form was that good. Shouldn't petals & dorsal be flatter? Don't get me wrong, it's a keeper, regardless! There is one mature unbloomed growth & another that is catching up, so we'll see what the next blooming is like form wise & longevity!

Everyone needs one of these! I can't believe how long yours is lasting--I don't think I've ever gotten more than two months out of mine, probably a little less. I like its well-placed billows actually...attractive in a different way than everything being flat.

Latest posts

Back