My Epiphyte Tree

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray

Orchid Iconoclast
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last summer, I bought a piece of plywood and cemented it into a decorative glazed bowl. I have since attached a number of bromeliads, tolumnias and a couple of mini-vandaceous plants to it. The wrens use the red bromeliads for drinking water.

Attachments

• Epiphyte_Tree-20200904.jpg
    Epiphyte_Tree-20200904.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 43
It's a very nice display Ray, but surely you don't mean plywood? I guess spell-checker has been playing games with your post? 🤬 😁

It's a very nice display Ray, but surely you don't mean plywood? I guess spell-checker has been playing games with your post? 🤬 😁
Hah! Yes - I didn’t even notice. It’s driftwood, of course. Spell check and autocorrect on an iPad drives me nuts.

Very nice of you to offer a little something for the birds Ray. I'd love to
see this again and a couple of years.
The challenge for me (besides moving it - it weighs about 40 pounds with the concrete base) is keeping the plants happy over the winter. It’s in full sun all summer, then in a north-facing window over the winter, and I am not permitted to use supplemental lighting (yet - I have to find a way to “pretty them up” acceptably for Michele).

Latest posts

Back