My Cyp. parviflorum in my garden

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Drorchid

Hi guys, it has been a while since I have posted, but I thought I would share one one of my own orchids this time. Below are some pictures I took last week of one of my native yellow lady slippers growing in my flower garden. I have had it now for 3 years, and it has multiplied nicely! I counted 30 flowers! Most flower spikes had 2 flowers per spike. I am not sure what variety it is (parviflorum or pubescens) as the flowers are kind of in-between in size.

IMG_4732.jpg

IMG_4728.jpg

IMG_4731.jpg

Robert

Very nice! Looks kind of like a cross between the two (Cyp. parviflorum var. makasin and Cyp. parviflorum var. pubescens)

Are these rescued plants, or did you grow them from seed?

Nice and a big clump, like the colour of them.

Would love to have on in colour like that one

Very nice! Looks kind of like a cross between the two (Cyp. parviflorum var. makasin and Cyp. parviflorum var. pubescens)

Are these rescued plants, or did you grow them from seed?

It is a rescued plant.

Robert

they look a bit tall for parviflorum, but thin for pubescens. the sepals/petals are way too light for makasin and definitely not twisty enough for makasin. the parviflorum that i've seen, the leaves really clasp around the flower stem; these leaves are pretty open where they are attached to the stem. that all said, the sepals/petals look exactly like the shade of yellows that are common in upstate ny and vermont, that i've seen this year so far. probably an intergrade of something and something,.. that looks nice

DEar Robert,
I would like to have them in the garden or to have again the possibility to visit the habitats of this species in Canada.

But I agree with you that the european calceolus is more attractiv.

Latest posts

Back