Mormodia not named yet

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperFan

Addicted
Reaction score
Mormodia (Clowesetum Rebecca Northern ‘Grapefruit Pink’ x Mormodes lawrenciana ‘SVO’)
Not a very good blooming. The flowers aren't opening well and they are not presenting themselves well. I think I should probably cut the spikes and let it rest. What do you think?

Pretty interesting colors and spots in those flowers. If it were me I would enjoy the flowers for a while before cutting the spike.

Promising blooms, great color and number of flowers for first blooming. I wouldn't cut, let the p-bulbs get some nutrients back. Hopefully the shape improves. But overall good first blooming! Thanks for sharing!

Dot, btw this is Mormodia Leopard Drops. Clowesia (not clowesetum) RN x mormodes lawrenciana. I have one myself. Looked familiar, so I checked it out.

I vote to let it rest. You've seen what the blooms look like, and you aren't pleased, so let it rest and see what next blooms look like.

Dot, btw this is Mormodia Leopard Drops. Clowesia (not clowesetum) RN x mormodes lawrenciana. I have one myself. Looked familiar, so I checked it out.
So my tag is wrong?
I vote to let it rest. You've seen what the blooms look like, and you aren't pleased, so let it rest and see what next blooms look like.
I do think I'll cut them off and hope the pseudobulbs are bigger next time.

If the tag says (Clowesia Rebecca Northern 'Grapefruit Pink' x Mormodes lawrenciana), then it's a Mo. Leopard Drops. Not a bad one either. It's not wrong, it's just been registered now.

I meant to say the tag says Clowesetum, not Clowesia. So that is probably a typo from Fred.

I meant to say the tag says Clowesetum, not Clowesia. So that is probably a typo from Fred.

Oh ok. Sorry, I was confused. I would imagine it's a typo. I fell in love with this cross a while back. It really was instrumental in fueling my catasetinae obsession.

Latest posts

Back