more gros flower pics

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
lots of very nice flowers at the gros show; I realized tonight that everything is turning out shaky because the auditorium where the show is held has gentle air circulation going all the time.

this last group has some eye-popping and generally very nice flowers. not so shaky this time; changed the settings until the shutter was moving quickly enough to stop things from moving

gros410q.JPG

two phabulous phrag hybrids!

gros410r.JPG

a really cool, really hot catt hybrid

gros410s.JPG

also an eye-popping masd. uniflora

gros410t.JPG

an even wilder coryanthes macranthos!

gros410u.JPG

gros410v.JPG

there were a lot of paph micranthums in flower at the show (disgusting...); some of them I couldn't believe how big the pouches were! this one looked the largest; my finger shows some size/scale

gros410w.JPG

gros410x.JPG

a nice mexi with a very tall spike

gros410y.JPG

an absolutely amazing new trichopilia hybrid (hennisiana x suavis). easily the largest plant/pseudobulbs i've ever seen and though there were a few dozen flowers open, on the back side there were two more spikes that had many forming buds. truly spectacular

gros410z.JPG

an eye-jumping cattley aclandiae

give it a few minutes if they don't all load, they'll be uploaded soon

The Trichopilia Comfort 'Athereal Cloud' [sic] was awarded an AM here in Columbus at our show in March of 2008. It had more flowers then (19). Last year at the Mid-Am here it did not perform nearly as well. Edgar Stehli is the owner, it needs to be divided to bloom better, and I am STILL waiting for a division of that plant! - And I would have spelled 'Ethereal' correctly.

Latest posts

Back