Miscellaneous stuff

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P6210828.jpg

P6230838.jpg

Doritis from 2 angles
P6180827.jpg

P6180826.jpg

Cryptochilus lutea, I have a sanguinea that i've had for years that has never bloomed. maybe it's cousin will inspire it! :p
P6240851.jpg

Paph compot from Peter H., thanks Pete! :D
P6290854.jpg

Scelochilus saccatum
P6240842.jpg

P6230837.jpg

Kiefersteinia candida, 2 view of this hard to photo flower
P6230831.jpg

Tolumnia disaster. i took some plants, they've grown with the roots intermingled so they're a big mass, to judging for ID. One of the student judges said they were "perfectly grown". On the way home I left them in the car for a few hours, fried tolumnia! :( I'm hoping some survive.

Tolumnia disaster. i took some plants, they've grown with the roots intermingled so they're a big mass, to judging for ID. One of the student judges said they were "perfectly grown". On the way home I left them in the car for a few hours, fried tolumnia! :( I'm hoping some survive.
Oh, that is sad! I see a lot of green, though. Hopefully, you can save them.

She's just a terror running around knocking things over and harrassing one of the other cats. Plus we already have 2 and just took her in because the owner was going to throw her to the streets!

I thought Epipactis helleborine had purplish color but when I check on IOSPE there are purplish and pale green shown. There are also 3-4 other species that look similar but helleborine is the only one listed as North American. I took a couple home to examine in depth.

Yes, I would say it is Epipactis helleborine. I think they vary a bit in colouration. The one in your photo looks like the ones we have here now. And yes, it is invasive. Not North American, but European. An intrduced species many years ago - I think originally from the Eastern States somewhere.

Back