Miscellaneous stuff

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The tolumnia are in a few diff medias because I am generally too lazy to change some but my media of choice is small rough aquarium stones, in clay pots, I water or spray every morning. They sit in full (Southern exposure) sun and dry out during the day.

Okay, thanks. I was wondering how you were dealing with making sure they dried out enough. :D I have mine in tiny pots of spaghnum sitting in a south facing window sill so they dry out very quickly.

Nice plant Eric!!!!!!

I also though that Sphag would be too wet for Tolu. But I bought one plant 2 years ago on Sphagnum moss. And I decided to try do grow it like this for a few years. It grows very well but bears less flowers thant the others Tolumnias (that are on straight Leca). But one plant is not a scientific test!

I got 4 diff types of moss from eBay and put them in a potting soil/peat moss mix to propagate.
P1060231.jpg

P1130247.jpg

Paph dianthum album (I couldn't wait for it to open all the way:p)

P1130242.jpg

Paph Recovery (album) at least genetically. Now I know why Sam sells "album" albums for twice the price. This came from Doug (Potterychef) on eBay

Paph Stella Lim
P1130237.jpg

P1130238.jpg

I searched others posted here and although mine did the same 2 inflour from each growth thing mentioned by Dot and others(one stunted and the other taller and multiple bud), mine is definitely a greener color. I think the others might by Paph Marilyn Hanson. :confused:
P1130236.jpg

Back