• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Michael Koopowitz and Michael Koopowitz x PEOY for sale

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

cypseeker

Greetings to all slipper addicts! I have 4 large BS plants of Paph Michael Koopowtiz (2) and Michael Koop. x PEOY (2) that I must sell. My bad habit of getting multiples of the same cross keeps catching up with me. These are large single growth plants with some pushing out 2nd growths. I would like to get $40 for each plant and if someone wanted to take all 4 plants I would include the shipping. Please contact me and I will return photos via email. This is a deal you won't find a second time. All plants will be first time bloomers and should be pushing sheaths soon.

I grow all my plants here in Iowa under lights and by an occasional window. Please drop me a note at [email protected] or check out my other info. on the new members thread. Hope to hear from you soon!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry fellow slipper fans I live in the heartland of America's Midwest (Des Moines, Iowa area). Right now it seems as though it might as well be a rain forest somewhere in the tropics with all the rain were getting here. Not sure if sending plants out of the U.S. would be an easy task with all the red tape. Drop me your email and I will send a photo of the plants. At least it will serve as a reference for BS plants. Pricing might be a different story with multifloral sanderianum hybrids, esp. BS plants at commercial nurseries. Lots of luck to you in your searching.

My Collection

Welcome, cypseeker. Please tell us more about you and your collection.

I am in the proces of downsizing my collection. My youngsters activities require much more of my time and for now someone else can enjoy these. When my time becomes more of my own I'll get back into the hobby more intensely.

My favorite group of Paphs are simply 2 types: Paph Michael Koopowitz and its hybrids and the Cochliopetalum section. If you ever wanted to get a Paph that would flower seqentially for 2-3 years, require fairly low light levels, and give you great satisfaction, Paph Chamberlainianum (victoria-reginae) is the plant. Orchids Limited in the Twin Cities area has some F2 backcrosses of Paph Chamberlainianum (Tokyo x Fernbrook). I think a BS plant might be $75....well worth it if you don't have one. They are very easy!!!

I also have been growing Cyps for 20 years. I got hooked when I was a Botany student at IA St. Send me a note in October, I may have a division or two to spare with another grower. Let me know if I can share any other info....I love chatting slippers.

Trevor

Darn I got all excited when I saw PEOY, but yours is a X. Has that X been registered ? I want a plain ole PEOY. Welcome !

Yes. Paph. Steve Hampson.

Nice cross. There are lots of photos of this cross in Taiwanese Paph books.

If I lived in he US I would buy these quick smart.

David

Thank you for purchasing

All of the Michael Koopowitz and M.Koop x PEOY are now sold. Thank you to all who introduced themselves and for your questions. I never imagined the incredible response I would get from you all....my keyboard needs a day off!

If there is enough interest I can get some additional plants of Michael Koopowitz. They would be a bit smaller (approx.12 inch lfspn) and require 6 months to a year to reach BS. They can be had for $30 if ordering a min. of 10 plants. I would place the order and do the leg work in appreciation for your generosity in reducing my collection. If I can get a response by 8pm cst on Sunday (June 21) I would have an idea if the project is a 'go'! Thanks again.

Trevor

it looks like your 'post count' is stuck on '1' for some reason; people will keep thinking that you're posting for the first time all the time! nice that you were able to sell your plants. from your handle I assume that you like to go out and look for native orchids, or you just like all slipper relatives?

I am in the proces of downsizing my collection. My youngsters activities require much more of my time and for now someone else can enjoy these. When my time becomes more of my own I'll get back into the hobby more intensely.

My favorite group of Paphs are simply 2 types: Paph Michael Koopowitz and its hybrids and the Cochliopetalum section. If you ever wanted to get a Paph that would flower seqentially for 2-3 years, require fairly low light levels, and give you great satisfaction, Paph Chamberlainianum (victoria-reginae) is the plant. Orchids Limited in the Twin Cities area has some F2 backcrosses of Paph Chamberlainianum (Tokyo x Fernbrook). I think a BS plant might be $75....well worth it if you don't have one. They are very easy!!!

I also have been growing Cyps for 20 years. I got hooked when I was a Botany student at IA St. Send me a note in October, I may have a division or two to spare with another grower. Let me know if I can share any other info....I love chatting slippers.
Trevor

Welcome to ST!
:eek::eek: forgive me, I haven't been on line for the past couple of days as my one part time job of 16 hours has turned into 42 hours for 2 weeks, any way .... Trevor you should have mentioned your name sooner! 2 years ago you were decreasing your collection & offered them on SOF, correct? Folks check my pics on Paphs - Hidecki Okuyama, Lefty Kei, Lieminianum, Chamberlainanum, MK, I got all these plants from Trevor! The only plant that hasn't bloomed Trevor is the Epi. Florida 'Pineknot', it's put out new leads, I'm hoping the tree trimmin' near the GH will give it more light to bloom. They were all beautiful, top notch plants!

Latest posts

Back