Meanwhile back at Home Depot.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

jblanford

Went back to my HD where I got that great Paph White Knight a couple of weeks ago found somemore Paphs, the first one no tag but I know it's a rothschildianum 2 blooms and a new growth. The second is Paph. Happy Hill X Lauren Klehm, great looking bloom and plant, there's a little damage on the right petal from packing. Now these plants were $25.00 ea. but I had a
2 for 1 coupon so they were $12.50 ea. can't beat that..... Jim.

Attachments

• IMG_2571.JPG
    IMG_2571.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_2572.JPG
    IMG_2572.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_2574.JPG
    IMG_2574.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 50
Went back to my HD where I got that great Paph White Knight a couple of weeks ago found somemore Paphs, the first one no tag but I know it's a rothschildianum 2 blooms and a new growth. The second is Paph. Happy Hill X Lauren Klehm, great looking bloom and plant, there's a little damage on the right petal from packing. Now these plants were $25.00 ea. but I had a
2 for 1 coupon so they were $12.50 ea. can't beat that..... Jim.

Are you sure that is a rothschildianum?? P. GR

That's a GREAT deal! Wow! However, that's not a pure roth. Most notably, the staminode is wrong. 'Looks like it could be a St. Swithin or some other hybrid involving both roth and philippinense.

I wish my HD could be so awesome. All I find are stupid virused phals. :(

That's crazy.... a multi-floral at Home Depot. Wow. And for 12.50. Man, some poeple are lucky.

I am pretty sure it is Saint Swithin though and not roth.

Enjoy it.

Christian

Could also be Gary Ramagna like I hint at in my post. Impossible to tell. The shape of the dorsal looks more like SS but from the pictures the proportions and color remind me of the Gary Ramagnas I have seen. If you grow it well and bloom it with more flowers and have measurements will give a better idea but still no way to be sure.

Damn, why don't any of the Home Depots in my part of the world ever carry paphs???

That's a GREAT deal! Wow! However, that's not a pure roth. Most notably, the staminode is wrong. 'Looks like it could be a St. Swithin or some other hybrid involving both roth and philippinense.

I agree!

Ramon:)

If I start to see you posting about finding Paph Magic lantern x Fanaticum at Home Depot for $12.50, I'll drive out to Ill.! :cool:

Last edited:
Yea. That looks to be Paph. St. Swithin!

But wow, every orchid lover dream!!! A home depot that sells multifloral paphs!!!

Yes Ernie that's the one. I went back and looked at some photos I have of my St. you guys could be right, the pouch on this one is alot darker like a roth, but the petals are long like a St., here's another pic, thanks for all the help..... Jim.
IMG_2573.jpg

Nice finds - even if it's no-name, the price was right if you've got the space :) I'm with the others, how come your home depot has more than sick Phals and Dends? :p Maybe someone cut a deal with the store to get rid of their Paphs with lost or uncertain name tags!

Latest posts

Back