Masdevallia Rein Sun 'Pyrgos'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

Bolero

Hi,

This was awarded on Tuesday night........79.9 point HCC.

I named it Pyrgos which is a town in the south of Greece where my wife was born.

It's a pretty nice flower, maybe an AM next time.

For an indication of size the flower is 15cm long and 4cm wide which is a good size flowering for this hybrid.

My 5th award, very exciting!!!

DSCF3561.jpg

DSCF3562.jpg

I wasn't familiar with that variety so had to look it up. It's a fairly complex hybrid for a Masd, considering that there was no work done with them for about 70 years.

Congrats on the HCC. I reckon it was worth 2-3 points more, personally. The form and colour are excellent.

Thanks guys! Well maybe next time I can get a point or two more.

This one was registered in Australia by Mt Beenak Orchids in 2004. So it's a fairly new hybrid.

Sun Dancer x Rein Wine

Beautiful! Congratulations! So, in the Australian award system, they don't round out the numbers? In the AOS system, a 79.9 HCC would be rounded up to 80.0 and you'd have gotten an AM. I think it's worth an AM.

Last edited:
That looks wonderful! I'm not even going to try Masdies now that I've moved over to Los Angeles...

Beautiful! Congratulations! So, in the Australian award system, they don't round out the numbers? In the AOS system, a 79.9 HCC would be rounded up to 80.0 and you've have gotten an AM. I think it's worth an AM.

No the numbers are quite strict in that regard. It has to average 80 to get 80.......I prefer your system now you've told me that......lol.

Back