Quantcast

Marlow Orchids closing...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

eOrchids

Reaction score
I hate to report this but as announced on Facebook by Jim Marlow, he will be closing Marlow Orchids due to Covid-19 as he quoted...

"With much sadness, I'm announcing the closing of Marlow Orchids. Covid-19 has caused all shows for 2020 and well into 2021 to be cancelled. Been in biz since 1993."

Hien

Reaction score
I thought Jonathan Jones was the co-owner or new owner, and Jim Marlow either part owner or he retained the consultant position? perhaps they still shipping online & phone order ?
The website is still on
info@marlowsorchids.com

littlefrog

Hop-meister
Reaction score
Well, I'm not going anywhere... :) It is rough out there though, I'll be surprised if we don't lose some more. I wonder what orchid shows are going to look like when we start up again (if we start up again).

If you want your favorite vendors to stick around, contact them and order something. Or maybe visit if situations allow.

I'm in the fortunate position that I don't depend on selling orchids to feed my family, so spend your money on the people who do...

tomkalina

Vendor
Reaction score
We're not going anywhere either, Rob; at least not short term. Our website is up and running and we appreciate the orders by our fellow ST'ers. As far as orchid shows, I hope they make a re-appearance once COVID is under control, hopefully in time for the 2021 Michigan Orchid Society Palm Sunday show next spring. For my part, I miss the customer interaction. Does the AOS still have monthly judgings?

littlefrog

Hop-meister
Reaction score
Great Lakes is still judging. We've been socially distancing and meeting at a different location. I don't know what other judging centers are doing.

tomp

Reaction score
CSNJC has resumed monthly judging at an outdoor venue near Sacramento Ca.