Man it is cold!! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking out as of this evening:

ice.jpg

'Glad that you're okay Robert. Things could've been so much worse for you today. I hope that the rest of winter is uneventful for you. You guys are really getting hammered with the cold this week!

Robert doesn't want to admit that we who live in the Twin Cities "urban heat island" are a bit wimpy. Tonight, while we are -20 F (-28 C), 100 miles north of here it is going to be -37F, which is pretty close to the point where F and C become the same temperature. Nevertheless, the dry cleaners a short distance from home still opens the door for a few periods during the day to get rid of heat. I don't think Robert, Jerry, and Jason are opening any doors at Orchids Limited. I am not going there until Saturday when the heat wave is taking things up to 21 F (-6 C). Some very bright colors on the Phrags are going to be coming.

I see you are going to OL on Saturday. Will you be going to the OSM meeting at Bachman's, too? Jason is the speaker.

Sorry guys. Forecast for today here in Hollywood, CA is 86F!:poke:

Oh how nice that sounds right now! Poolside with a beverage that contains a cute paper umbrella! Ahhhh.... Here, it's-4F without the windchill right now! :eek: They say it's colder in Atlanta Georgia than it is in Fairbanks Alaska! Crazy weather! :crazy: Stay warm everyone. :)

Chicago is just a couple degrees warmer than Minneapolis. Was 17 below at my house last night before sunset (air temp, not including wind chill), and we're expecting to warm to a balmy 6 F today. We had nine straight days of measurable snow which is very rare for us.

-Ernie

It's in the teens but still seems ok in the Sun here.
biothansis - here you can swim in the pool with the additives or walk across the water on the seashore!

It's about 75-80 here for the last week or so. We're all complaining about lack of rain.
Great "tidepooling" in the minus tides.

Latest posts

Back