Lighting for seedlings

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kiwi

Reaction score
Hi,
Could someone please impart their wisdom on the best artificial lighting for seedlings? What are the best bulbs to use and what sort of distance above the seedlings should the bulbs be? Most of my seedlings were deflasked in November and I have some more that will be deflasked soon. Seedlings are roths, sandies, venustum, helenae, malipoense, tigrinum, hirsutissimum, micranthum, bellatulum and dianthum.
Thanks all

Hi,
Could someone please impart their wisdom on the best artificial lighting for seedlings? What are the best bulbs to use and what sort of distance above the seedlings should the bulbs be? Most of my seedlings were deflasked in November and I have some more that will be deflasked soon. Seedlings are roths, sandies, venustum, helenae, malipoense, tigrinum, hirsutissimum, micranthum, bellatulum and dianthum.
Thanks all

I'm just using 2 aquarium tubes and the plants grow all winter. Heat is also important as is humidity and air. (you can't really seperate them) Mine are about 50cm above leaves.

Latest posts

Back