Latest in the Cropking LECA saga

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swamprad

Memphis Orchid Society
Reaction score
As many of you remember, Cropking was the only known source for the "old" Primeagra type of Leca. On my last order, they sent me Hydroton instead, and told me that their usual Leca was on back order. Last week, they contacted me and told me that they now have a "new" Leca, slightly different but from the same supplier, so I got a bag.

What I got was something called B'Cuzz Hydro Rokz. Looks a lot like Hydroton, round pebbles of varying sizes, but slightly darker in color. :( Has anyone used this stuff for semi-hydro?

I guess I'll be trying it out with a few catts and oncidiums and see what happens.

I will say that the catts and oncidiums that I put in Hydroton about two months ago seem pretty happy.

I am totally starting a rap group with that name.
Too funny.

Mark, does this mean they're not carrying the other product again? I've started switching some of my paphs back to a traditional chc mix and will probably not be going the s/h route with any more of them. This material has simply gotten too expensive and a PITA to get! I think I've got like a 1/3 of a bag left and after 5 years I'm starting to throw out the old leca. It's just too cruddy.

Of course, I will still use hydroton (and I'm liking the HygroStone from Jesse) for my other orchids. Gasp. Let's all have a moment of silence.

Edit: I've never used the Rap Group stuff. But I suspect your catts and others will do perfectly fine in it. They'll grow in anything.

No, the B'Cuzz leca from Cropking is not the same as the "new" Primeagra from Firstrays, but it is similar in appearance. Not the exact same thing, though.

Latest posts

Back