Laelia purpurata striata Jason’s Choice x Laelia purpurata schusteriana ’Equilab’

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

DrLeslieEe

Scholar, Addict and Aficionado of Orchidacea
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well done! Four flowers on one spike is an achievement for first bloom.

The interesting is that the two forms created a roxo-violeta almost roxo-bispo lip color, with striata in petals. Perhaps a pic in sunlight can shed more true colors.

Reaction score

The interesting is that the two forms created a roxo-violeta almost roxo-bispo lip color, with striata in petals. Perhaps a pic in sunlight can shed more true colors.
Thanks, Leslie! I’ll take a sunlight photo, but the light I use for photos is a natural daylight bulb. This photo is very true to its color.

Laelia purpurata striata 'Jason's Choice' x purpurata schusteriana 'Equilab'

terryros bloomed this first and it’s the photo on the OL website. Very similar, but his is even better I think!

Reaction score

Ok, Leslie here goes. First one had late afternoon filtered sun, second same time indirect. If you look at the Orchids Ltd website you will see photos of the parents one is very violeta. 326DC6AE-CD66-4CC3-9491-BEED5D13A1D0.jpeg 49982B75-AEB9-4D0D-8E1C-D2BB4FFFE9EF.jpeg

NEslipper

Reaction score
Lovely! The deep lip and veining in the tube is so striking. Is it fragrant as well?