Quantcast

Lady Isabel 'Angel Light'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

G

Greenpaph

Currently in bloom. How do you like the lighter colors?

Side Shot

J

Jmoney

nice! is this made with platyphyllum (stonei latifolium)?

G

Greenpaph

Jmoney said:
nice! is this made with platyphyllum (stonei latifolium)?
Jason,

Actually, I just checked and it is. Does this change the name?

thanks

J

Jmoney

I thought the petal patterning (and color) was more consistent with platy. I believe platy x roths has been registered as Wossner Rothplat. (just kidding, someone beat him to it, it's called Paph Taiwan).

G

Gideon

Absolutely stunning, I bet Olaf would be interested in this photo for his article...it looks like he registered the cross in 2003

Heather

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Sacramento, CA. Outside w/ Southeast Exposure
It is quite lovely, and I looooove platyphyllum, but I must admit I prefer the Lady Iz made with the regular stonei species.

Still, sweet!
I could, I suppose, own both, and not have a problem with that...:poke:
So, just send it along - or, I'll be in New Hampshire on Saturday...

bwester

Reaction score
With that sky background I almost expect to hear a deep voice saying "And on the 8th day God created the paph"

J

Jmoney

I prefer stonei hybrids over platyphyllum for the rich mahogany stripes and the cherry red pouch...that said, I think most will agree that platyphyllum overall is a MUCH more vigorous grower...and we all know about the stoneis that just sit and sit and sit and then die.

Heather

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Sacramento, CA. Outside w/ Southeast Exposure
Jmoney said:
...and we all know about the stoneis that just sit and sit and sit and then die.
Shhhh, Jason!
Mine are already considering that plan....they don't need any pushing along in that direction from you!

Who's got that fast growing stonei for me, hm?

J

Jmoney

I'm content to wait for a stonei that actually looks like a good grower (and rumor has it a few ARE out there). I don't need more deadbeat paphs that sit around and do jack ****.

Latest posts