kovachii "Big Boy"

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is Z7135. Chester Hill X Wide Horizon.
"Chester Hill" parent is from a selfing of the "Chester Hill" FCC, an older FCC.
Wide Horizon is from OZ breeding. [Rex X Mt Millais, I believe]
We have bloomed a couple hundred of Z7135 at least, and it has been good but not stellar grex, although still very high quality.
OK, OK, OK, then "boom" this one comes out. The unpredictability makes orchid breeding so much fun.
There is another dark one, although not quite as much, from the same grex around the same time that has six flowers. Should be very close on the FB stream.
Anyway this one is carrying pods.
JC

Thanks John. That sure is a special roth.

Luckily "Mega" is in spike! And that is one of my plans.
The remake of FS with the FCC/AOS kovachii and besseae "Mega" has been one of my best sellers. So your thinking is spot on.
JC

I was thinking more that bessae "mega" and this KV may be both tetraploid, so a 4N FS would have lots of potential for future breeding (in addition to being a good seller).

Fantastic!!

I have a few plants in sheath this year (grow fast), but one has already aborted, and I suspect it will be the same for a second one. I hope the last one in new sheath will finally bloom.
What could be wrong? Too cool? too much light? too dry? too much or too little feeding?

Fantastic!!

I have a few plants in sheath this year (grow fast), but one has already aborted, and I suspect it will be the same for a second one. I hope the last one in new sheath will finally bloom.
What could be wrong? Too cool? too much light? too dry? too much or too little feeding?

kovachi often abort their first spikes.

Latest posts

Back