kovachii "Big Boy"

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Luckily "Mega" is in spike! And that is one of my plans.
The remake of FS with the FCC/AOS kovachii and besseae "Mega" has been one of my best sellers. So your thinking is spot on.
JC

What about crossing this with your besseae “Mega”?

no words to describe! can't wait to know the NS when it will be ready

Are there flasks being made of this crossed with another kovachii?

Absolutely breathtaking!!!

David

Definitely. kovachii flasks are tricky in our experience, but indeed they are coming.

Wonderful! So glad that flasks of this species are becoming available again...it seems like awhile since they've been on the market. I check your eBay offerings pretty regularly so I'll be looking forward to some new things in the pipeline...

David

Thanks. I think all growers have difficulty with them in flask. Evidence being you don't see them available. If they were easy, there would be a ton on the market given the potential price.

My flaskers tried a lot of different iterations. We get them to grow.

Wonderful! So glad that flasks of this species are becoming available again...it seems like awhile since they've been on the market. I check your eBay offerings pretty regularly so I'll be looking forward to some new things in the pipeline...

David

This is Z7135. Chester Hill X Wide Horizon.
"Chester Hill" parent is from a selfing of the "Chester Hill" FCC, an older FCC.
Wide Horizon is from OZ breeding. [Rex X Mt Millais, I believe]
We have bloomed a couple hundred of Z7135 at least, and it has been good but not stellar grex, although still very high quality.
OK, OK, OK, then "boom" this one comes out. The unpredictability makes orchid breeding so much fun.
There is another dark one, although not quite as much, from the same grex around the same time that has six flowers. Should be very close on the FB stream.
Anyway this one is carrying pods.
JC

Stunning John

I stumbled on a photo of this roth John. What's the breeding? Any darker and it would be black.

https://www.facebook.com/theorchidzone/photos/pcb.1173857682664955/1173857255998331/?type=3&theater

Latest posts

Back